Search This Blog

Friday, October 14, 2016

Splash Splash Love (퐁당퐁당 LOVE)




Splash Splash Love surprised me because it was extremely short, just two episodes with about an hour each one! I must be honest here, I'm not a big fan of time travel dramas, because normally the main characters can stay together.

Something that is totally understandable, it's difficult to abandon your famili and life in the future with all the commodities (internet, hot water, a toilet) to stay in the past, even if the love of your life is there. So I'm not interested in stories with no happy endings…

However against all my senses I started watching it… well let me talk about the story first and then I can tell you my impression on it.

The story goes around Dan Bi (Kim Seul Gi), a girl that hates mathematic and has a strange connection with the rain that allows her to travel into time… in the day she's going to make an important test to the university she runs away and jumps into a puddle.
She travels to the the past and meet the king Lee Do (Yoon Doo Joon), he understood she was an eunuch and allows her to assist him with mathematical issues. Time passes and they fall in love, however life in the past it's not easy...


Yoon Doo Joon was good like a prince, I almost didn’t recognize him from other dramas I have seen.




Kim Seul Gi was ok.. however she lacks in so many ways as a person who was transported to the past (maybe the plot wasn'thelpful)… she definitely won't be in my top 10 list! Sorry… But something remarkable about her is the ability of look like a high school girl, I would never imagine she was almost my age, an actress with 25 years old that plays a girl with 18 must be reconized by her acting skills (and good genes).

It's difficult to judge this drama once it's so short, but if you don't have nothing better to do you could give a chance to it… or maybe just take a nap… I don't know...

No comments:

Post a Comment