Search This Blog

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Oh My Venus - a light dorama, a heavy story



Oh My Venus was the first dorama I have watched and it was responsible for my new addiction in Korean culture, to be honest So Ji Sub played an important hole in Korean addiction, his perfect face and body and the “aparição” of his abbs totally captivated me. However I'm not such a superficial fan, the story and the acting skills of the whole actors involved also caught my attention.

The story goes around Kang Joo Eun (Shin Min Ah), a beautiful girl in high school that changes a lot while time passes by, she became a lawyer but her life is falling apart (professional and romantic life), then suddenly she meets Kim Yeong Ho (So Ji Sub), a fantastic and mysterious personal trainer. So she begs him to train her and help her to become the beauty she was once… I’m sure you can imagine what happens later, well, let me just tell you that you will fail, this story is unpredictable and adorable.

At first the plot was funny and light, the kind of drama that diabetic people  should avoid, but almost in the middle of it an unpredictable twist made this dorama one of my favorites. The funny plot received deeper aspects of their lives, exposing traumas and scars that are responsible for their personality, the way they see the world and each other.

If you are looking for something funny and dramatic, romantic and sad, you have found a good option, so just organize your time and watch it. I bet you won't be able to stop it.


Now let's talk about the actors and their characters, the first one is So Ji Sub! He is a brilliant actor and singer, during this drama he shows a cold side that could make your heart froze and melt at the same time and there are many shirtless scenes (my favorite one is in the first episode, in a bath!!!!).


Now the female part…Shin Min Ah... she was fantastic during the whole drama, her acting abilities were improving every new episode, I was able to laugh and cry with her and the light transitions of these feelings were admirable. She was responsible for future choices of other doramas, and I can say for sure that she didn't disappointed me, not even once.

There are other character around the principal couple and their stories are so fantastic as the principal one, when you realize you are wondering what is going to happen with that character and start suffering with them too. That's unusual, normally you just get attached with the main couple, all the attention is dragged to them so naturally, but in this drama you will found out that everybody has secrets, love and traumas.

At the end of it you start wonder why there are so few episodes in this dorama, it's almost a crime don't produce more of it. As you can see I won't tell you what's going on in this dorama, I hate spoilers,  so dear reader, it's up to you watch it and fall in love just like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment