Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

The Scholar Who Walks the Night




What can I say? I just love historical dramas and The Scholar Who Walks the Night is another good example of a great drama. The plot was well written and you can experience innumerous emotions.

The story goes around Kim Sung Yeol, a vampire that is determined to protect the King and the people and a bookseller called Jo Yang Sun that is in fact a girl but works as a boy to help her family. Kim Sung Yeol path is connected to Jo Yang Sun in the past, present and future, they are the key to release the kingdom from an evil vampire that controls the king.

While I was watching it I was wondering if it was common to girls disguise themselves into boys, because that’s the third drama I have watched with this same idea. I’m not saying it’s a bad idea at all, it’s cute indeed.

This drama was the third drama I have seen Lee Joon Ki playing, and I must say that he was fantastic in each one of them. I don’t remember him in contemporary dramas, just in historical dramas, but he is so talented that I can’t complain, I wish I can watch more and more dramas with him!

Lee Yoo Bi was pretty good too, but her eyes were so big that I almost didn’t believe she was Korean. That was the first time I saw her in a drama, but she was ok, I liked the way she played a naive girl.

In this drama you will fall in love for more characters than the usual, because even the secondary characters have appealing stories and you can’t ignore them. 

Unfortunatlly I must confess that I was expecting more from the last episode, I didn’t like how things ended… if it was me, things would have been done in a different way. But it’s a great drama, you must watch it and see for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment