Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Scarlet Heart: Ryeo - a historical drama




Historical dramas are so nice, the first one I have watched was “Moonlight Drawn by Clouds” and then “Splash, Splash Love”, this drama is the third drama I’m watching.


There are two kinds of Historical dramas, the ones based in facts and really dramatic (with a lot of blood and entrails) and the ones based in facts and with more romance. If you have read something I wrote before you know that I’m the romantic kind that prefer the second kind of historical dramas.

Scarlet Heart:Ryeo is part of the first group, with a well written plot, nice clothes and beautiful and talented actors. The story has a romantic touch, but it’s mixed in a lot of violence, betrayal, facts, it’s not a light drama that will make your heart flys, it’s the kind of drama that will make your heart beats so fast and you will be always surprised and afraid of something. This drama it's like the Korean verison of "Game of Thrones", when you start liking a character, it will die!    :/

However it doesn’t mean that it’s bad, actually it’s is really good, it’s so real that when you realize you are addicted to it.

The story goes around Hae Soo (Lee Ji Eun), a girl that is transported to the past during an eclipse, she gets into a princess’ body and met the princes in that time. The whole drama is about their fight for the throne and for her heart, it’s incredible what some of them can do for the power.

Lee Joon Ki is so good being so bad, he is so evil and sweet at the same time that I was confused between love and hate… He plays the 4th prince Wang So, someone with a terrible scar in his face but that in my opinion is handsome anyway. He is fantastic as an actor, maybe because he is very mature…

Lee Ji Eun is one of the most beautiful actresses I have ever seen, as Hae Soo she is perfect even I would fall in love with her (and I am a girl). Her expressions are so realistic that for a second I’m transported to the story and when I realize I’m crying and laughing with her (people around me think I’m crazy… it’s her fault).

Kang Ha Neul is the 8th Prince, a charming type that will melt your heart in the beginning, as an actor I don’t have anything to say, I am speechless with his incredible abilities and his beautiful lips. lol

Hong Jong Hyun played the 3rd Prince Wang Yo, the vilan of the whole story! But I must be honest and admit that he is talented and handsome, he is so good acting that I hate him for real (I’m a bit crazy and can’t separate  reality and fiction sometimes).

There are more princes of course, and they are as handsome as their brother I mentioned before, but you must watch this drama to know them all.

If you like Historical Dramas just like me, it’s a great option of drama… A lot of people are watching it right now and if you are not one of them, hurry up and start it as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment