Search This Blog

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Korean Beds - My dream to dream




Today’s topic is Koran beds... You must have seen them in many dramas and if you are not from Korean, Japan or China you probably do not have one bed like this. So let me talk about it as someone that has never slept in a cute bed like these ones.



Let me organize my ideas and then you can tell me if you agree with me or not (of course if you are a reasonable person you are going to agree with me, I’m a girl, I’m always right). You may be asking yourself why my opinion is so important?! Why should you take it in consideration?! Well, I’m an expert about beds, I love sleeping and If I could I would stay in bed all day, I have more good memories with my bed than you have of your entire life (did it sound strange to you too?!). 

Ok, now the pros:

1. THEY ARE CHEAP
A Korean friend of mine told me that a Korean bed can costs $90, it is made of latex and it’s very common in Korea. With $90 dollars here where I live (Brazil) I can’t buy the blankets to cover it, imagine the whole bed!


2. THEY ARE SO TRADITIONAL
These kinds of beds are special because they bring with them a cultural touch, your boring bedroom would look so different just with the small addition of this traditional Korean bed. It would be confortable and decorative at the same time.


3. THEY ARE EASY TO MOVE
If you need more space you can just fold your bed and let it in the corner of your room, then unfold it and use it to sleep. With an occidental bed you can’t do it, or you find for another room or do what you have to do on it.

4. YOU WON’T FALL FROM IT
Just if you have fallen down from a bed you will understand how it is terrible, but in a Korean bed it won’t be a problem because they are so close to the ground that you won’t get hurt! Isn’t that great?!


5. LIFE TIME
A bed like that has a long life time, my friend told me that she won’t change it at least for five years… Considering that it costs just $90 dollars, it is a very long time, right?!


6. NO MONSTERS UNDER YOUR BED
Children are always afraid of monster under their beds, for obvious reasons it’s not possible with Korean beds! So your kids will be safe and will sleep the entire night in peace!


Now the cons:


1. SURPRISE ATTACKS
It’s so close to the ground that all the most horrible and disgusting insects could just crawl to you bed and get into it with you… I swear my house is clean (most part of the time) and I don’t have insects walking around there all the time, but just the fact that it could happen… aiiiigo… it’s terrible!!!! Maybe I am a little bit crazy about it, maybe it’s a trauma from my childhood, I’m not sure, I just know that it’s a negative aspect of it.


Well, that’s the only negative aspect of it I suppose, or am I forgetting something?! I don’t think so… It's a shame that I can't buy one of those beds here, but internet is so fantastic that I could probably find one of these incredible beds near me.


Now tell me, how is your relationship with your bed?! Would you buy a Korean bed and abandon your current bed?! Oh yeah, you would, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment